Patient Safety And Advocacy Training
The Empowered Patient Coalition provides a half-day of practical advocacy training for patients, caregivers and providers. Patient advocates share advice, action steps, and communication techniques to help the public experience safe medical outcomes.
Patients, family members and advocates will learn the basic skills needed to work as a team with health care providers.
One of the first vital steps in achieving patient-centered care and shared-decision making is knowledge.
Patients will function as the center of their care team once they have information and confidence. Participants will learn to recognize the challenges they may face during hospitalization and to use their new skills to improve the safety and the quality of their health care.
For more information call: (415) 681-1011 or email us at: [email protected]
Each attendee will have online access to The Empowered Patient Guide to Hospital Care for Patients and Families – a comprehensive 50-page guide to save, share or print.
Workshops include the following topics:
- Choosing an advocate
- Necessary documents
- Who’s who in the hospital
- Consent and medical records
- What to watch for from diagnosis to discharge:
- The Diagnostic Process
- Surgery and Anesthesia
- Infection Control and Prevention
- Medical Error Reduction
- Discharge and Home Care
How to Navigate the System:
- Communicating observations and concerns in and out of the hospital
- Alerting the staff to signs and symptoms of conditions requiring prompt attention
Tracking a Patient’s Progress:
- Learn the importance of using a Patient Journal